Friday, March 22, 2013

Getting ready for Bebe D...

We have been busy here at Casa Denham getting ready for Bebe D's late spring arrival. Dave worked his magic on the nursery walls and armoire while I continued shaping my vision of it. I should be done putting it together and its finishing touches on over the next few weeks. My gal pals threw a shower for me last week so I have a ton of fun things to place around bebe's room.

Cole has been readying himself for big brother status with lots of belly hugs and talking/whispering to bebe. He has written about his soon-to-be sibling in his school journal and created several drawings as well. We have been reading lots of books from the library about life with a baby. Cole has asked a bunch of questions and I answer them the best I can. He still has quite a few concerns about me and the hospital stay since the few times I have had medical/surgery issues, his mommy hasn't felt so well afterwards. :-(

Cole can't wait to teach the baby how to do lots of things (though he was worried about his toys since they aren't baby safe) so we explained what baby gates are used for. :-) He has also begun a bebe countdown calendar of sorts though at this time they haven't scheduled my c-section. They would prefer I go into labor on my own initially without getting too far along in that process but Cole still wanted to countdown so we chose May 30th, a week before my actual due date since my c-section will probably be in/around that day. He has been keeping track and as we inch closer and closer, you can definitely feel his excitement grow. He repeatedly has talked about how our family will go from four to five (since we consider Tucker a family member) which I absolutely love knowing he is comprehending. I know he will be a proud big brother and I can't wait myself to watch him take over a new role within our family.

Here is one of his drawings. That is me in the hospital bed and him holding the baby. It says "I am so ik sid thedatmy mom is haveing a baby" :-)